Sunday, December 21, 2014

Merry Christmas 2014

Merry Christmas! 

So I managed to run the blog almost two years now and so far only one month of dead space. I think it is has been a pretty good run so far and this blog is one of the things that keep me going in the hobby.

For this years Christmas I managed to paint my Christmas Marines. I had them prepped last year, but didn't manage to get any paint on them, so it was pretty straight forward this year.


The models are a funny concept, drunk and stoned Marines (Yes, I painted the cigar as a huge joint). Even though the sculpts are not the best I enjoyed painting these. I do suspect that these were re-casts though, since after I stripped them they had lack of detail and multiple moldlines and other of the known signs of a re-cast, so maybe an original would look like better sculpted, I don't know.

Anyway, even if they are re-cast I decided to keep them for myself, I bought them on Ebay years ago and can't remember who the seller was and I am not planning to resell them.

So Merry Christmas and I hope to have an update or two more before 2015.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful stuff Jonas, just beautiful. Cracking old "CItadel" sculpts and a top paintjob from yourself on them. Many thanks for sharing. A top Christmas to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice too! I still struggle to reconcile Space Marines with festive holidays...but yours work nicely in the scenic setting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they probably won't see much gameplay out of season, but in Rogue Trader even marines like to get drunk ;)

      Delete
  3. Haha, merry Christmas for you too! As a matter of fact I currently have that pair on my workbench! :D

    ReplyDelete